Limos are a great way to arrive and depart in style, which explains why they are such a popular transportation option for weddings. Since a wedding is such a momentous occasion, you won’t want to hire just any limo service for your wedding transportation. The last thing you want to do is rent the wrong type of limo – or experience a subpar limo service. The following are a few tips to help you choose the right limo service for your wedding:
- Research their reputation – Always do your research when it comes to choosing a limo service. Not every service is the same, and some have better reputations than others. These days, it’s not difficult to find user reviews online that will give you a good idea about the quality of the limo service.
- Ask about pricing – Having a stretch limo waiting outside the church for the newlywed bride and groom would be absolutely amazing – as long as it doesn’t cause you to go over budget. Weddings are expensive, which means you can’t afford to go over budget when hiring a limo service. Be sure to ask about specific pricing for various vehicles as well as services. For example, hiring a luxury sedan to take you to the airport may cost a lot less than hiring a stretch limousine for a wedding service. Also be sure to ask if all fees are included. Some services have hidden fees, such as the cost of gas. You may want to ask if the tip for the driver is included as well. Find out whether the limo company has a minimum number of hours for their service. Many have a minimum of 6 hours on a Saturday.
- Ask about vehicle options – How many people need to be driven to the site of the wedding? If you’re looking to fit all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids, a four-door sedan won’t do. Most services will have a variety of different vehicles in their fleet. Make sure they have a vehicle that fits all of your needs – especially when it comes to space. You’ll also want to consider the location of your venue. A stretch SUV limo may be appropriate for a mountain side wedding, but maybe not so much at a regular church-based wedding. Be sure that the vehicle you request can access the wedding venue and turn around: No tight curves, low-hanging foliage or one-lane roads. Also is there parking available for the vehicle?
- Check for safety – Safety should be one of your main priorities when hiring a limo service. Be sure that whoever you go with has proper certification. Ask them if they carry liability insurance as well. You should also ask about their chauffeurs – do they conduct background tests on prospective drivers? How thorough is their training? Are they tested periodically for drugs and alcohol? These are all indicative of a high quality limo service.
- Ask about limos for weddings – Many limo companies provide specific services, including limos for weddings. A wedding service could include a tuxedo-wearing driver, a just married sign on the back of the limo and complimentary champagne on board. And don’t forget a vehicle for the bride and groom to return to their hotel at the end of the festivities.
Limos can really add a touch of luxury and elegance to make a wedding even more memorable. Be sure to use these tips in order to choose the one that fits your needs best.